PRFCA, Flying Colours and Print Artists North
Proposal for a spring 2017 Small Print Exhibition and Print Exchange
May 12 - 26: Centre for Creative Arts, Grande Prairie, AB
June 9 - 30: Whole Wheat & Honey, Fort St. John, BC
July 23, Euphemia McNaught Festival, Beaverlodge, AB
August 4 - 24, Centre for Creative Art, Grande Prairie, AB
Sep Java Domain, Peace River, AB - Dates TBA
- Images of prints are to be 7 by 5 inches.
- Each print must be part of an edition or a series of at least 10 .
- Each print must be hand pulled, signed and numbered.
- Prints must be available for sale at a price of $75. Contributing artists will receive the payment less any commission charged by exhibiting gallery/location.
- Prints are to be unframed, but may be matted.
- A print from each series or edition will be exhibited at the selected venue.
- Each participating artist may submit up to 2 series of editions.
- Non members of the PRFCA or Flying Colours may participate for a fee of $10.
- Participants must be willing to take part in a print of exchange that will be organised and managed by Charlie Parslow.
- Depending on the number of participants and the sale of prints each participant will receive up to 10 prints drawn at random from the submissions to the show. If an artist sells one print they will receive one less print in the exchange, if they sell two prints then two less prints in the exchange, etc.
- An effort will be made to develop posters and a catalogue for the show.
- There will be a 1st prize and 3 Honourable Mentions juried by Sharon Krushel.
- 1st place winner will receive 200 cards of the winning print produced and designed by Sharon Krushel. Honourable Mention winners will receive 100 cards of their winning print produced and designed by Sharon Krushel
- Winners will receive a royalty from Sharon Krushel for future sales of cards produced using their print.
- By taking part in this event participants express acceptance of the arrangements and procedures.