Print Artists North is a diverse printmaking community situated in BC and Alberta. Dedicated to contemporary fine art print making, it was incorporated as part of Flying Colours Artists' Association in September, 2016. Members are committed to the promotion of traditional and experimental printmaking practices. They are creating work using a wide variety of processes and approaches including lino-cuts, mono prints, collagraphs, etchings, cyanotypes and more.
PAN provides a comprehensive range of printmaking programming that includes workshops, mentoring, artist retreats, exhibition opportunities printmaking exchanges and other regional, events. Participation in national and international exchanges and exhibitions is encouraged.
Workshops, aimed at all skill levels are available and held throughout the year. These learning opportunities are open to non-members. Members have year-around access to a well-equipped printmaking studio that is constantly expanding. A wide variety of original prints by our local and renowned provincial members are on exhibit at Peace Gallery North at the North Peace Cultural Centre in Fort St. John, BC and in other regional galleries in selected shows.
PAN Goals are:
- to provide opportunities for members to develop the art of printmaking,
- to promote knowledge and understanding of printmaking and its technical variables and complexities to a wider audience through exhibitions, demonstrations and talks on printmaking,
- to encourage exploration and development in the experimental, innovative and alternative printmaking techniques,
- to review and provide programming periodically to keep pace with new developments in the field and to better serve the diverse constituency which includes many individuals from all backgrounds and levels of experience who take classes and attend local printmaking events and exhibitions,
- to increase the opportunities for members to make important connections to other printmakers,
- to increase sales opportunities,
- to establish a printmaking hub in the the northern part of the province of British Columbia, making the group a recognizable entity regionally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
WORKSHOPS are currently available from the following member printmakers:
- Charlie Parslow
- Mary Parslow
- Judy Templeton
- Sandy Troudt
See examples of their work in the Printmaking Galleries.